Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First posting

So here goes my first blog post about good ole life. I don't really know where this is going to go or how it will morph or whatever it will do but all I know is that it is going to give me an outlet to express the many aspects of how life goes. I don't know who will read this or not even sure if that matters at all. Maybe a few will enjoy it and together we can make a go at deciphering the things that are thrown at us on a daily basis. I will not discuss religious or political issues but just simply some of the things that make us say "what the hell?" "That was freakin awesome!" or whatever cliche' type remark needed. I am a simple guy and for some reason can never shut my mind off. I think this may give me a sort of online journal that I can look back on and see how things were going at any particular time.

So for my first topic of discussion is my tenth month of unemployment. I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get back to my old job. I was layed off from the local Sheriff Dept in December and have been looking for a job since then. I am so frustrated trying to make the weekly contacts for menial jobs that are of no relation to what I have done in the past. I have to make 3 job contacts weekly and annotate them on a job search sheet in case the state wants to verify that I have been looking for employment.
I have applied for many security jobs and can't even get a damn interview for one. I have 9 years experience in law enforcement and they have apparently no desire to even talk to me. I just do not get it. I imagine that they see my work history and figure I will take the first LE job offered and be gone or something. Who knows. I worked seasonally for a wine warehouse for 15 years and once again can't even get an interview to work in a warehouse to save my life. I recently spent several hours on the phone with a company looking for someone in my line of work and everything seemed to be going great and then all of a sudden not an ounce of communication. I mean really? A nice thanks but no thanks would at least be nice. To be honest I would rather someone tell me not a chance in hell to my face then to just ignore me for weeks.
My unemployment is only a few months from running out and my GI bill is done at the end of November. That effectively takes three thousand dollars out of my bank. What then? Frustration is building and I feel that this never ending search will come down to less and less paying jobs just to keep my own head about myself. I know I am in the same boat as many many other people and hope for the best for all of us.

-Charlie-

No comments:

Post a Comment